Registration for the 2020 Fall season is now open for Westbrook Soccer Club
Given these uncertain times, we understand it is hard to commit and plan ahead as so much changes by the day. As a Board, however, we are cautiously preparing for the season. We are also required to follow the schedule set by Soccer Maine and we’ll still need to submit our rosters accordingly. We are cautiously optimistic and planning accordingly.
- While we fully understand everyone is impacted by this current situation differently, we would like to still encourage families to register if there is any interest in playing soccer this fall.
- Eligible players are between the ages of 7 and 13 as of August 1, 2020
- Register now, a new payment plan option is available with a reduced deposit amount, see blow
- Deposit amount is reduced this year to support families and encourage timely registration.
- Refunds will be processed if needed as a result of a season cancellation. Payments made online will result in an easier and more timely refund.
New for 2020
Got Soccer, the online registration system, has been updated.
ALL players and coaches will need to create new profiles.
Westbrook Soccer Club (WSC) is a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to sharing our passion for soccer and growing the sport within our community in Westbrook, Maine. We aim to give young players an opportunity to play soccer and improve the overall skill level of all players.
Westbrook Soccer Club competes in Soccer Maine’s Fall Classic League. Soccer Maine is a statewide nonprofit association that serves as the governing body for youth soccer in the State of Maine. More information regarding Soccer Maine can be found on their website, soccermaine.com.
The age breakdown is as follows:
|Age Group||League Type||Format||Player Age Prior to Aug 1st, 2020|
* 7 year
olds (U-8 players) can be rostered on U-9 teams, as long as the more than half of the players are 8 years old.
Soccer Ball Sizes
U-9 through U-12 use size 4
U-13 and U-14 use size 5
Generally, practices start early August and are held twice a week. Once the rosters are finalized, coaches will contact parents regarding the practice schedule and location.
The Fall Classic League games are scheduled by Soccer Maine on the weekends. Most of our opponents are from nearby towns within an hour drive, but there is the potential to play against teams further away. Additionally, coaches can schedule a few friendly games with other towns.
Every year, WSC participates in a Columbus Day tournament. In addition, the non-competitive teams (U-9 through U-11) will participate in a festival at the end of the season and the competitive teams (U-12 through U-14) will participate in playoffs. Schedules and locations will be emailed to the teams during the season.